Thursday, May 20, 2010

Batches of Biscotti

I've slowed down on the baking since my mom's cholesterol is up and honestly, I don't really have a sweet tooth. Anyways, traditional biscotti doesn't have any fat in it so I figured it was a safe bet. The first recipe I tried was from here except I replaced almonds with walnuts.


The spices were good but they were really crunchy....like you have to soak them in coffee to eat them. The second batch were chocolate ones adapted from here. I halved the recipe and used 2 eggs, 50% whole wheat flour, 1/3 cup agave, 1 tablespoon molasses and added 1/4 tsp of instant coffee to enhance the chocolate flavor. These were crunchy without fear of tooth chipping.

Make sure to bake them twice as the name suggests. And now I want to use molasses and agave in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment