Tuesday, December 15, 2009

AG is my home boy (I wish)

One of my top food blogs is the amateurgourmet.com. He rates his recipes, which is helpful in determining what is worthwhile to make. His blog also has a cute banner that changes monthly. The following are recipes that I've tried and loved!

-Almond cake
Not a light cake but totally delicious. My family's favorite.

-Pan seared rib eye
The oven needs to heat up to 500 degrees. I felt like my face was going to cook off. It gives you a great sear on the steak. My mom whipped up a quick steak sauce (ketchup, soy sauce, and ginger), and the two were great together.

-Corn chowder
I like soups especially creamy ones with potatoes. The thyme flavor really comes across so modify it to your tastes.

-Biscuits
Basic recipe that delivers. I modified it by adding cheddar, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning so that they were like Red Lobster's Cheddar Bay biscuits. I was not able to butter the tops, which would have made them look and taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment