Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Inaugurating with Ina

Ina is my favorite Food Network chef. She hosts fabulous dinner parties, and her recipes are classic. I've tried a few...Beatty's Chocolate Cake which I made as a one layer and two layer. I actually don't mind the buttercream. When I made the one layer for the family, I reduced the sugar by 1/3 and didn't miss it. None of us have a big sweet tooth. Also, I only put chocolate and butter in the buttercream....raw yolk is not really safe.

I'm also a fan of her Curried Couscous minus the raisins.

And her basic vinaigrette. I didn't have champagne vinegar, so I used lemon juice instead. It also works without the garlic, which I was too lazy to mince my second time around. Here's the dressing tossed with red leaf lettuce and avocado.

In my queue are her blueberry crumb cake and fruit tart.

2 comments:

  1. nice slideshow on the side! :) heh i esp like the baby watermelon growing in your backyard

    ReplyDelete