Saturday, January 9, 2010

A Tale of Two Tarts



Asians are big on fruits (and red bean) in their desserts, which is why my family tends to request fruit tarts. I made the first one using random food blogs from foodgawker.


The second time around I used Dorie Greenspan's tart recipe and Julia Child's pastry cream recipe, and the results were better. For the tart, I used ground almonds for half the flour since I like the flavor more. The crust was more crisp and the custard was a little thicker. Next time around, maybe I'll see how Ina's recipe matches up.

2 comments:

  1. that looks sooooo goood. are kiwis in season right now? i can't wait for golden kiwi time! i might try fruit tarts then...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know when their season is...especially since i've been continuously buying them. just leave them out and let them soften up a bit. anyways, if they're tart the custard will compensate.

    ReplyDelete