Sunday, January 10, 2010

Quicheness

I used a frozen crust when I made my first quiche with Emeril's filling. I forgot to put in the cheese, and it was still good. Bacon makes everything better. Yes, I cheated, but someone needed to use it.
So I have one pie pan, and it's not even a legit pan. It's a tin from some Harry's dessert we bought way back in the day. It was bad because butter would drip from the holes in the bottom of the pan...maybe I should've chilled the crust for longer. Anyways, I got a tart pan for x-mas and can't wait to use it!

Once again I used a Dorie Greenspan recipe. I modified the filling by using what we had on hand (mushrooms, bacon, onions, spinach, and parmesean cheese). It definitely took longer than 25 minutes to set, more like 40 minutes. As you can see, I probably should have rolled the dough out better, but it was still delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment